This is the absolute best personal floatation device safety option we offer at the Seaplane Pilots Association and includes both the the top of the line Switlik X Back Full Molle PFD and a HEED underwater breathing bottle to maximize pilot and crew survivability in seaplane emergency incidents. The Heed bottle and pockets can be interchanged to be on either side.
The X Back Molle Personal Floatation Device from SWITLIK
This personal floatation device provides the most safety, versatility and comfort of any vest we know of on the market.
The X-Back Full “Molle” personal floatation device from SWITLIK has been designed to provide pilots, aircrews and passengers with the absolute best personal floatation device available. The X-Back design allows this vest to uniquely contour your shoulders which lowers the profile of the vest and increases the comfort while increasing your range of motion while wearing the vest.
The weight of the vest and its accessories is moved away from the back of your neck and evenly distributed across your shoulders reducing fatigue. The breathable fabric and ergonomic fit keep you comfortable throughout your flights.
Vest is cobalt blue and black, and upon inflation the bright yellow inflation chambers provide maximum visibility for search and rescue crews.
Switlik has earned its core business as predominant leader in providing personal floatation devices for military around the world, search and rescue crews, water bombing crews and commercial carriers, and other applications such as commercial shipping and oil field work.
Made in the United States
- Most importantly this personal floatation device features redundancy with two floatation chambers, two inflation cylinders and two oral inflation tubes.
- Over 35 pounds of buoyancy for maximum floatation
- This PFD includes a built in locator strobe light and emergency whistle
- The “Molle” Stands for Modular Lightweight Load Carrying Equipment system which was designed for the military as a way to customize the vest with various accessories such as a HEED Bottle (otherwise known as a Spare Air bottle), pockets and pistol holsters among other accessories.
- The outer vest is constructed of a Nomex/Kellar blended ripstop fabric providing comfortable, durable and with fire protection.
- The intergrated grab handle allows for the wearer to be pulled to safety in a search and rescue scenario
- Redundant heavy duty zipper and belt enclosure
- Fully TSO Certified by the FAA
Comfortable Design Includes:
- A signature SWITLIK X-Back ergonomic design for superior comfort when you are seated in your seaplane.
- One size fits all – this PFD is designed for maximum adjustment capability to fit the largest possible range of pilot/passengers.
- Weight 2.38 pounds
The Heed Bottle
The HEED bottle is highly recommend for seaplane pilots to provide air in the case of an incident that places the crew and passengers underwater.
The Helicopter Emergency Egress Device (HEED ) is a compact, lightweight and reliable self contained breathing apparatus. The HEED is designed to increase the survivability in short-term out-of-air emergencies.
- Provides lifesaving air needed to egress from a downed aircraft in the water.
- Also protects personnel from inhaling dangerous and lethal toxic fumes from fire or smoke.
HEED 3 Includes 1.7 cu. ft. unit with black cylinder, dial gauge pressure indicator and holster.
Also available are adapters to refill the HEED bottle from a scuba tank or air compressor (designed to provide breathing quality air).